Whey Protein and Your Bum: All You Need to Know
Nowadays, most women are obsessed with having a large bum. Some want it because society has made it look like the most important asset for a woman. Others are just not comfortable looking thin. As a result, most are turning to magic pills for a quick butt-building process. What they probably don’t understand is that these supplements have one major ingredient, whey protein, which is also present in proteinous foods. So, does whey protein make your bum bigger? The short answer is yes, but it doesn’t work alone.
What is Whey Protein?
Whey protein is a protein containing high BCAA (branched-chain amino acid) levels. BCAAs build torn muscles. Whey protein is fast absorbed, and this means it is fast-acting. It can repair damaged muscles, including those of the glute faster.
During workouts, whey protein is likely to be absorbed by the body in 30 minutes or fewer. Overall, there are three classes of whey protein:
- Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) – It is a concentrated form of protein and other nutrients.
- Whey Protein Hydrolysate (WPH) – It is a predigested form of protein.
- Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) – It is more like WPC, only that it does not concentrate the other nutrients. Here, only the protein percentage is high.
Is Whey Protein All You Need to Boost Your Butt?
Though whey protein can improve your bum size, it cannot do it alone. You cannot sit all day watching TV and drinking a whey protein shake and expect to have a big butt. Whey protein is not a magical pill. Experts argue that your butt cannot become bigger without proteins, but they also confirm that it cannot improve in size with proteins alone. So, what does this mean exactly?
Well, it takes correct butt-enhancing exercises like butt bridges and squats to improve your bum size. But where do proteins come in? It is simple; whey protein and other proteins provide you with the fuel you need to work out and shape your bum. Also, they repair worn out gluteal muscles.
Given that we’ve been talking about other proteins, it’s important to know what they are. Whey protein helps to boost your gluteal muscles size with:
- Casein protein – Though casein protein is absorbed slowly unlike whey protein, it is worth mentioning when talking about butt enlargement. The protein is predominantly mammalian milk (about 80%) and releases amino acids slowly and the result is slow muscle breakdown. Overall, casein protein boosts muscle growth, hence great for your glutes. Contrary to most assumptions, pre-sleep casein protein doesn’t make you fat but improves your fat metabolism.
- Blend powder – Blend powder is exactly what it is; a mixture of casein and whey protein. It promises the effects of both worlds and so it is a great post-workout option. Here, it increases the efficiency of both proteins in as far as muscle growth is concerned.
- Soy protein – Soy protein is a great substitute for casein protein. It is for individuals allergic to milk products. They get the powder from dehydrated soybeans. Soy protein promises to provide vegans with a quality muscle-strengthening protein.
How Does Whey Protein Make Your Bum Bigger?
According to research, whey protein powder is arguably the most effective protein powder for boosting muscle growth and in our case, the glute. There are two reasons this is the case. The first one is that of high BCAA levels. As already mentioned, BCAAs are directly involved in repairing and restoring worn-out muscles. When you exercise, it is the BCAA that fixes your overworked glute muscles and this makes your bum to shape up accordingly.
The other reason is that whey protein is fast-absorbed in the body. The powder is made available in the bloodstream quickly to aid in the recovery of the gluteal muscles following their wearing down. Whey is quickly digested into peptides and absorbed readily. The results are fast because of the speedy absorption.
You can consume whey protein before your workout to boost the booty-building process. Alternatively, you can drink up whey protein shake when you wake up to stimulate you for the day’s physical activities.
General Tips for Lifting Your Butt
You can lift your buttocks by following these smart health tips:
- Use weights to exercise the glutes – Weights can help exercise your glute and hips. They offer you the power you need to work out more effectively. Some of the best weight exercises that you can do are:
- Barbell squats
- Weighted lunges
- Weighted glute bridges
- Kettlebell swings
- Exercise with your bodyweight – You don’t need weights to
exercise your glute and hips. You can use your bodyweight and still achieve the
same result. Some of the best bodyweight exercises that you can do are:
- Single leg bridges
- Side lunges
- Scissor kicks
- Donkey kicks
- Butt bridge
- Upward plank
3. Consider butt-building supplements – You can purchase protein-rich supplements online to boost your bum. They come in powder form and bars. They help to boost gluteal muscles, and this eventually makes your bum bigger. We are going to look at the best whey protein bum-builders later.
4. Thin your waist – Call it trickery, but it appears to work for some women. When your waistline is seen to be thin, the butt appears bigger. You can do with a tummy tucker. It compresses your abdomen so that the butt can extend outside.
5. Take actual protein foods – Studies show that your gluteal muscles need adequate protein to grow. Luckily, there are many ways to add proteins to your diet, and here are the top suggestions:
- White meat
- Skimmed milk
- Low-fat yogurt
For the best results, combine the above foods with the right butt workout.
6. Consume healthy fats – You can also boost your bum by taking unsaturated fats and oils like oily fish, peanut butter, avocado, nuts, sunflower oil, and olive oil. It’s essential, however, to go slow on the food choices. To be safe, talk first to a dietician.
7. Remember, healthy carbs – Carbohydrates also have a role to play in enhancing your buttocks. They offer you the muscular power you need to work out. All you need to do is ensure you pick your sources carefully. Healthy carbs include:
- Leafy greens
- Whole grains (pasta, barley, oats, and corn)
8. Try butt-enhancing creams – Though the debate never ends on the use of butt-enhancing creams, you can give them a go. Of course, as a last resort. Everyone has their own experience; some good and others bad. Hence, you can create yours.
Importance of Eating Protein from Actual Food
Ideally, proteins should make up 10-35% of your everyday calorie intake. It’s expensive to get such an amount from supplements and pills. And so, the secret is to consume protein-rich foods. We are talking about superfoods like eggs, fish, legumes, and poultry. They are healthy not just for your muscles but also for your heart, kidney, and brain.
These superfoods are rich in protein but low in carbs and fats. The balance, fortunately, is what you need to improve your butt growth and general health. You should also note that these foods are readily available and affordable than whey protein powders and other protein supplements.
The other and probably most important reason for eating protein from actual foods is safety assurance. Protein powders are not FDA-regulated. The Food and Drug Administration does not endorse their usage, and this has forced the manufacturers to seek certification from third-party testing bodies like Informed Choice, and NSF Certified for Sport.
It doesn’t mean that protein powders are low quality and unsafe, but it’s important to know that the largest and most credible certification body, the FDA, does not endorse them. What you can do, however, to avoid the doubts is to confirm the third party certification.
But, instead of going through the hassle, why don’t you consider the easier and cheaper alternative? You got that right; we are talking about protein foods. Protein foods come with the following benefits:
1. Appetite management – Proteins are more fulfilling than any other nutrient. So, you are likely to feel fuller without eating much. Remember, the less you eat, the less likely you are to accumulate weight, especially around the tummy area and waistline. Protein works by reducing the stimulation of the hunger hormone ghrelin. The suppression of this hormone results in reduced appetite.
2. Weight loss – Since protein arrests your appetite, resulting in low food intake, it becomes easy to manage your weight. Protein intake restricts your calorie intake, and you don’t end up gaining weight around the waistline and belly. It helps you to shed weight by fueling your workouts. Working out better means a boosted booty-building process.
3. Muscle boost – Protein is a muscle builder. It helps to build the gluteal muscles, which shape up your bum. The nutrients boost the glute mass, additionally; they improve your workout strength. As you already know, exercises are vital in the booty-building process. What’s more, proteins prevent muscle loss, and this is vital in maintaining a bigger bum.
4. Bone boost – Did you know that animal protein is good for your hips? The hip bone and other bones benefit a lot from animal foods like eggs, milk, and meat. This is important for women in their menopause. Thus, if you are looking to look younger and having a large bum, include animal protein in your diet. Overall, proteins protect you from bone fractures and osteoporosis.
Whey Protein and Exercises for Glutes Building
Studies show that you can develop a larger, firmer, and bigger bum if you exercise your glutes and hips. We divide the glute muscles into several types, with the gluteus maximus being the one responsible for shaping up your bum. It also helps in performing activities such as sitting, standing, climbing, and running. The muscle needs to be exercised to execute its roles. We are talking about having a bigger bum and staying athletic.
Often, it takes weight exercises like the ones highlighted above to do it. Doing something like squats or bridges activates the gluteal muscles to unleash their inbuilt power, and this makes you more athletic. In the long run, the bum shapes up perfectly as you like.
5 Best Whey Protein Powder on Amazon
Now that you know that whey protein can help to boost your bum, you can supplement what you get from proteinous foods with powder formulations. Here are the top 5 whey protein powders on Amazon that we recommend for butt enhancing:
1. Wild Whey Grass Fed Whey Protein ($24.95)
We start our list with Wild Whey Grass Fed Whey Protein because of its unique properties. They produce the powder from grass-fed animals, and thus it is all-natural. It’s gluten-free, soy-free, and pesticide-free. Wild Whey Grass Fed Whey Protein is reasonably effective in boosting muscle growth.
Also, the powder claims to boost natural immunity. Wild Whey Grass Fed Whey Protein may be the magic biological buttocks booster you have been searching for all along.
- Biologically active ingredient | All of its constituents are natural and pure.
- Amino acid packed | Contains a full list of essential amino acids like alanine, lysine, glycine, arginine, among many others.
- Unflavored | A good choice for individuals sensitive to strong flavors.
- No added sugar | Naturally sweetened.
- None so far
2. Orgain Grass Fed Clean Whey Protein Powder ($26.18)
The Orgain Grass Fed Clean Whey Protein Powder is common with bodybuilders, and this makes it a great choice for booty-building. It is a non-GMO product and is free from gluten, soy, and artificial additives.
It takes daily consumption of the supplement to see the results. So, you may have to wait to see your bum becoming bigger. Exercise as you remain patient.
· Powerful ingredients | Contains 21g grass-fed whey protein, 6g carbs, 3g dietary fiber, and 150 calories.
· Junk-free | Sugar-free, soy-free, gluten-free, and preservative-free
- No preservatives
- Easy to prepare
- Poor sales service
3. BSN Syntha-6 Whey Protein Powder ($39.19)
In as far as balancing whey protein and casein is concerned, BSN Syntha-6 Whey Protein Powder is the best protein powder out there. It lacks nothing; not on flavor or nutrition.
Let’s face it; who could have imagined a peanut butter flavored protein powder? Well, it is now available on Amazon in the form of BSN Syntha-6 Whey Protein Powder, and you can take the shake every morning or before your workouts.
- 22g protein blend | Plays an important role in boosting gluteal muscles. The proteins include whey protein concentrate/isolate, egg albumin, milk protein isolate, and casein.
- 2-3g sugar | Adds a sweet taste to the powder.
- 10 irresistible flavors | Include vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, peanut butter, among others.
- Smooth texture | Makes it easy to enjoy the shake.
- Ridiculously delicious
- Flavor variety
- Digestion issues for sensitive stomachs
4. Legion Whey + Vanilla Whey Isolate ($49.97)
If you are looking for a whey protein powder with a more natural flavor, Legion Whey + Vanilla Whey Isolate is a great pick. The magic supplement comes in tasty flavors like chocolate and cream. The flavors are additive-free and this makes the powder one of the safest on the market.
Legion Whey + Vanilla Whey Isolate is a product from antibiotic-free and hormone-free cows. It guarantees you a protein supplement that is not just delicious but natural. You expect this when you have to pay $49.97 for a supplement.
- 100% natural flavors | Legion Whey + Vanilla Whey Isolate is non-GMO. It is gluten-free, sugar-free, and lactose-free. It also contains no hormones, antibiotics or soy protein.
- High BCAA | The powder is low on calories and carbohydrates but high in whey protein, and this translates to high BCAA. The BCAA is essential in boosting gluteal muscles.
- Natural flavors
- High BCAA
- Price not favorable for most people
5. Realist Lifestyle REAL Whey Protein Isolate ($49.99)
Realist Lifestyle REAL Whey Protein Isolate is a simple blend. Unlike most whey protein powders, Realist Lifestyle REAL Whey Protein Isolate only has two ingredients. As a result, the powder doesn’t cause any stomach discomfort. The blend is 99% whey protein, and this means it promises you an almost pure supplement.
- Unflavored | Realist Lifestyle REAL Whey Protein Isolate is virtually flavorless. You can comfortably add it to your drink without affecting its taste.
- Soy-free | Great for individuals allergic to soy.
- Additive-free | Realist Lifestyle REAL Whey Protein Isolate does not contain preservatives, sweeteners or any other additives.
- 99% pure
- Safe on your stomach
- Virtually flavorless
- Foamy when mixed with a drink
So, does whey protein make your bum bigger? The answer is yes, but you have to combine it with booty-building exercises. If you didn’t know how to go about, refer to our guide for tips, and butt-enhancing product recommendations. You should be able to find a whey protein powder or an effective butt-boosting tactic to use.